lördag 20 december 2014

Faerietale of New York

It was Solstice Eve, babe
Under Brooklyn Bridge
An old troll said to me,
Won't see another one
And then he sang a song
The Rare Old Mountain Dew
I turned my face away
And dreamed about you

Got to that rainbow’s end
Came on that pot of gold
I've got a feeling
Our story’s not all told
So happy Solstice
I love you baby
I can see a better time
When all our dreams come true

They’ve got cars made of iron
And oil in the bay
The wind tears at my wings
It’s no place for the fey
When you stood by my side
On a cold Midearth night
You promised December would turn into May

You were elfin
You were pretty
Queen of New York City
When the banshees finished playing
They howled out for more
The sirens were singing
And the Wild Hunt was swinging
We kissed on the corner
Then danced through the night

The dryads of Central Park are singing darkness into light
And the stars are ringing out for Solstice night

You’re a bum, you’re a puck
You’re as ancient as fuck
Living there almost dead
With no leaves on your head
You black dog, you selkie
You cheap lousy kelpie
Happy Christmas our arse
Pray that it’s our last

The dryads of Central Park are singing darkness into light
And the stars are ringing out for Solstice night

We should be in the woods
There are so many ‘should’s
You took my woods from me
When I first found you
I kept them with me babe
I put them with my own
Can't make it all alone
I've built my woods here with you

The dryads of Central Park are singing darkness into light
And the stars are ringing out for Solstice night

***

Fler alternativa julsånger

Inga kommentarer: